GET BACK INTO THE SWING OF IT, POST XMAS, WITH THIS KILLER ROUTINE
WORKOUT: FULL BODY ROUTINE
45 sec work + 15 sec rest
4 rounds total = 20 minutes
Exercise One: Alternating Jump Lunges
- Start in a lunge position.
- Pushing up through the heel of your front foot, jump up into the air.
- Quickly switch your legs while in the air landing back into a lunge position with the opposite foot now in front. Repeat this motion quickly back and forth for the recommended amount of time.
Exercise Two: Toe Tappers
- Start by lying on your back on an exercise mat with your arms to your sides, palms facing down and your legs touching each other.
- Slowly elevate your legs up in the air until they are almost at a 90-degree angle. Your feet should be parallel to the floor. Your arms will be fully extended at a 45-degree angle
- Keep your lower back pressed against the floor, and slowly lift your torso and use your hands to try and touch your toes
- Begin to lower your torso and arms back down to the starting position before repeating. Repeat this motion quickly back and forth for the recommended amount of time.
Exercise Three: Jumping Rope
- Pretty straight forward, we think! If you don't have a skipping rope handy, simply job on the spot.
Exercise Four: Squat Jumps
- Start in a wide legged stance.
- Pushing up through the heel of your feet, jump up into the air.
- Repeat this motion quickly for the recommended amount of time.
Exercise Five: Commandos
- Start in a plank position, on your hands not elbows, ensuring your back is straight, with your core tight.
- Moving your weight to your left side, but keeping a tight core, move down to your forearm on your right side and then follow with your left side.
- Once on both forearms in plank position, return to starting position, returning to hands.
- Repeat this motion quickly back and forth for the recommended amount of time.