One Bowl Wonder Vegan Banana Muffins
Super dense banana muffins topped with lots of vegan choc chunks and, of course, decorations, because, why not?!
Instead of normal muffins, these babies are gluten and grain free, made with bananas, almond meal and tahini (don't knock it till you try it!!) and they are super rich and fudge-y. The extra chocolate on top definitely adds an extra somethin' somethin'!
You will need:
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds, mixed with 3 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons hulled tahini
- 1 tablespoon melted coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1/4 cup dates
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate plus extra for topping
- ⅓ cup almond or coconut milk
- 1 + 1/2 cups almond meal
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 170 d C. Line a muffin tray with muffin liners.
- Mix the chia seeds with water and set to the side for 5-10 minutes. Once chia has absorbed all of the water, mix in the vanilla, coconut oil, tahini, cinnamon and baking powder. Mix to combine.
- Next, mash in the bananas and add the milk.
- Add the almond meal and mix until combined. Roughly chop the dates and add in, along with the chocolate.
- Transfer spoonfuls of the mixture to the prepared muffin pan, sprinkle over some choc chunks.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until the tops look nice and golden. The muffins will be soft when done. So let the muffins cool in the pan for 10 minutes.