Easy Dark Chocolate Chunk Cake (With Hidden Pumpkin)
Left over roast pumpkin is a blessing, it's just as tasty the next day, it's oh so versatile; pop into a salad or make into a cake. The options are endless. Obviously, we made ours into a cake.
We took these easy choc muffins and slightly adapted them to make them into a cake.. It worked! This recipe is so easy to do, you can sub some of the ingredients for whatever you have on hand.
We hope you love it! It's chocolate-y, super fluffy and nice and tender. Lets get mixing..
Yield: 1 loaf
Time: 15 minutes + baking time
You will need:
- 1 + 1/2 cups pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup cacao or cocoa powder
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup almond milk
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1 cup gluten free flour
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/3 cup 85% choc chunks
- Preheat the oven to 170 degrees C and line a loaf tin with baking paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the pumpkin, oil, almond milk, egg and sugar. You can adjust the amount of sugar required if your pumpkin isn't as sweet.
- Mix well until the pumpkin, sugar and egg until nice and smooth and all combined.
- Add the cacao powder, baking powder and vanilla and mix again until well combined. Your mix should still be nice and glossy.
- Fold through the almond meal and gluten free flour until fully incorporated and next, mix through the choc chunks.
- Add the mix into your loaf tin, pop into the oven and bake for 30 minutes. The loaf should spring back when touched.
- Cool and enjoy!