Protein Cinnamon Cakes
These cinnamon cakes taste just like a warming chai latte. They’re high in protein, low in sugar and the perfect breakfast or post workout snack. Previously we've been hesitant to bake with protein, because the end result can be quite chalky, and while that can be true, the almond meal, coconut oil and almond milk in this mix ensures that this recipe is nice and fluffy, moist and doesn't leave you with an unpleasant aftertaste.
Time: 20 minutes
- 2 serves Chai protein powder
- 3/4 cup almond meal
- 1 tablespoon natvia, or sweetener of choice
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- A pinch of cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 50 grams melted coconut oil
- 50 grams super dark chocolate
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup berries
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees C. Set aside 2 ramekins.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine the dry ingredients and ensure to mix well until combined.
- Add the almond milk, stir well and then add the melted coconut oil and vanilla.
- Divide into 2 ramekins, top with extra cinnamon and pop into the oven for 10 - 15 minutes until the cakes rise.
- To make the topping, melt the coconut oil and 85% + dark chocolate until smooth.
- Mix through the cacao powder and maple syrup.
- To serve, top with thawed blueberries, and chocolate mix. Enjoy!