Peanut Butter Protein Pancakes
You can never go wrong with light and fluffy pancakes, especially when they are oh so good for you! These pancakes are made with almond meal, making them gluten free and they are naturally sweetened with vanilla. They are packed full of goodness too - the combo of chia seeds, peanut butter and protein powder will definitely keep you going all morning without any energy slumps.
The best bit? You can whip them up in next to no time. You will need:
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 2 tablespoons Mayver's Smooth Peanut Butter
- Coconut oil, to cook
- Mix the protein, almond meal, baking powder, chia and vanilla in a bowl and set to the side.
- Mix in the beaten egg, almond milk and peanut butter. Mix well to combine well.
- Heat a frying pan over medium heat and add in the coconut oil. Make sure the pan isn't too hot, not to burn the oil.
- Add in the batter, one spoonful at a time to create small sized pancakes.
- Cook until golden and flip.
- We topped ours with a drizzle of rice malt syrup, some blueberries and our own no churn DIY nice-cream. Perfection!