Chunky Peanut Butter Cookies
A quick and easy recipe for some chunky peanut butter cookies. This is the perfect recipe to whip up on the weekend for the week ahead; but the beauty of this recipe is its simplicity, so you could even pop a batch of these in the oven on a weeknight! for dessert (or dinner - we don't judge)!
These PB cookies only require 6 ingredients and one mixing bowl! Too easy. By the way, can we just take a minute to look at the choc chunks in these cookies.. So chunky, so good!
Yield: 12 large chunky cookies
Time: 10 minutes mixing + 10 minutes baking + cooling (see recipe)
You will need:
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup chopped dark chocolate
- Pop the peanut butter, sugar, vanilla and egg into a mixing bowl and beat on high until well combined. The mix shouldn't be gritty at all when rubbed between 2 fingertips.
- Next add the baking soda and mix until combined.
- Stir through the choc chunks.
- Roll balls of dough and pop onto a lined baking tray, flattening slightly with your palms.
- Once all dough has been used up, pop the tray into the fridge for a few hours (even 24 hours is fine), or freezer for an hour (if you're in a rush)
- When you're ready to bake these cookies, preheat oven to 170 C and pop tray into the oven.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes until edges are just setting. Make sure you don't burn! Keep an eye out after the 5 minute mark. (These cookies will harden as they cool so if you over bake, your cookies will be more like rocks and less like chewy delicious peanut butter creations!)
- Allow to cool on tray, and then enjoy! When they cool, they start tasting like a malty milo cookie.. So good!
Unbaked cookies can be kept for up to 4 months in the freezer, so you can easily double or triple this recipe & bake as you please. Mmmm choc chunk cookies on demand.. We like what we hear. We topped ours with some melted chocolate and our easy caramel sauce, which you can find the recipe to here!