Banana Cinnamon Muffins With Caramel Sauce
Banana, cinnamon, maple syrup.. We've dreamt up the most delicious combo. These muffins really are divine! They keep well and can be frozen for an easy grab and go breakfast or snack. They pair perfectly with almond or peanut butter and are full of fibre and healthy fats. Lets get baking..
Yield: 12 muffins
Time: 15 mins + 20 mins baking
You will need:
- 2 chia eggs (2 tablespoons ground chia + 6 tablespoons water)
- 1 medium banana, mashed
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 3/4 cup almond milk, warmed
- 1/4 cup sugar (we love coconut sugar)
- 1 1/2 cup gluten-free flour OR almond meal
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup dates + 1/3 cup walnuts (or can sub for choc chips)
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees C and line a muffin tray.
- Make chia eggs by adding 2 tablespoons chia seeds into a cup and adding 6 tablespoons water. Mix well and set aside for 10 minutes.
- Once the chia egg is set, mix through the maple syrup to combine.
- In a second bowl, mix together the mashed banana, coconut oil, warm almond milk, cinnamon and baking powder.
- Once combined, add in the chia mix and fold through well.
- Add the remaining coconut sugar, and gluten free flour and stir in the walnuts and dates.
- Evenly spoon mixture into each muffin container and bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Enjoy with easy caramel sauce!
Caramel sauce: Simply melt 1/4 cup coconut oil and add in 2 tablespoons Mayver's smooth peanut butter with 2 tablespoons maple syrup. Mix to combine. Enjoy!