Ultimate Paleo Raspberry Baked Brownies
Another year, another favourite brownie recipe! We have a few on this site, but you can never have too many brownies, can you? Didn't think so! This one is fudge-y, gluten free and so easy to make.
This recipe contains 2 eggs, but they can be subbed for flax or chia eggs if needed, as the brownie doesn't rise, however uses the eggs for a dense consistency. We used a light cacao powder for a more milk chocolate-y flavour and it worked a treat!
Yield: 16 small or 8 large
Time: 45 minutes
- ⅔ cup almond meal
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon cacao powder
- 180 grams + 1/2 cup super dark chocolate, coarsely chopped +
- ½ cup coconut oil
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 2 free range eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup raspberries
1. Mix the almond meal, cacao powder and salt in a bowl until well combined.
2. Melt the first 180 grams of chocolate in a bowl with the coconut oil. Stir until melted and glossy. Once combined, mix in the sugar.
3. Crack the eggs into a bowl with the vanilla and whisk until fluffy. Add the egg mixture to the melted chocolate and stir until incorporated.
4. Slowly add the almond flour mix into the chocolate mix. Mix slowly until combined and then add the chopped chocolate.
5. Pour into a lined 8 x 8 baking tray and top with berries - we just sprinkled ours on.
6. Bake in 170 degree heated oven for 25-30 minutes. Don't over bake!!
7. Decorate whilst hot and cut once brownies have cooled.