Doughnut Time With The Lovelies At Often Good
The girls behind the @oftengood IG account have created an epic doughnut recipe that's a fab foodie swap, full of fibre, flavour and good for you ingredients! We doughnut know how they do it, but their recipes are always sounding delish!
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon of rice malt syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons of melted coconut oil
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup coconut yoghurt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Cinnamon to taste
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup or rice malt syrup
- Butterfly pea powder (for colour)
- Pitaya powder (for colour)
To make these beauties ✨
- Combine almond flour, coconut flour, cinnamon and baking soda in a bowl.
- In a seperate bowl combine the maple syrup, rice malt syrup, vanilla extract, the melted coconut oil, egg yolks and the apple cider vinegar.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients and beat egg whites until stiff peaks form.
- Combine egg whites with mixture and spread evenly into well oiled donut pan.
- Bake at 180 for 10-15 minutes.
- Add all ingredients minus the colours into a bowl.
- Stir to combine well.
- Split mix into 1/2 and add colours of choice to each bowl.
- ICE & ENJOY!
Sugar coated doughnuts? The girls got you!
- Simply melt 1/4 - 1/3 cup coconut oil and mix in 2 tablespoons maple syrup.
- Dunk doughnuts into mix.
- Finish off by rolling in cinnamon and coconut sugar.
Since you're doing some baking, how about checking out these vanilla chai cookies. They're goooood!