Delicious one bowl wonder Banana Bread
We are honestly alwayyyys experimenting in the kitchen. You win some, you lose some. This banana bread was a winner!
Super fluffy straight out of the oven, it turns a little denser the following day. Sweetened with maple syrup, and mashed bananas, we added walnuts to ours for a nice crunch. Definitely a winner, bonus points because it's a one bowl wonder.
VEGAN | GLUTEN FREE | LOW FODMAP
You will need:
- ⅓ cup melted coconut oil
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup almond milk
- 2 flax eggs
- 2 mashed bananas
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 1 + 1/4 cup gluten free flour or almond meal
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup choc chips (dates will work well too!)
- Preheat oven to160 degrees Cel. and line a 9×5-inch pan with baking/parchment paper.
- Mix the oil, maple syrup, flax eggs and almond milk in a large bowl until combined. Add your mashed banana and mix through, lumpy mixture = chunky banana bread (yum!)
- Add baking soda, walnuts, chocolate chips and cinnamon, and mix to combine.
- Next, stir in the flour, just until combined.
- Pour into your lined pan greased loaf pan and add extra walnuts (or chocolate or banana or whatever your heart desires)
- Bake for approximately 1 hour, or until a skewer comes out clean. Let the bread cool in the pan for 30 minutes or so, then slice and enjoy!