Gluten Free Banana Bread
Are you after a super easy low FODMAP one bowl wonder banana bread? Phew! What a mouthful, BUT, if you are, you've come to the right place!
This banana bread is a one bowl wonder and takes no time at all to whip up! It is FODMAP friendly, making it easy on the tummy if you're prone to digestive upsets, and its also oh so delicious! This version is refined sugar free, but you’d never know it. Our version is nice and soft on the inside and crunchy on the top AKA the perfect combination! If you want to kick it up a notch, we love it toped with nut butter, extra bananas and a few shavings of chocolate. Yum!
PREP. 15 minutes
COOK. 40 minutes or until skewer comes out clean
SERVES: 8 - 10
Let's get cracking. You will need:
- 4 small ripe spotty bananas
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1 cup gluten free flour OR almond meal
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup nuts (slivered almonds) + more to decorate
- 1/3 cup chocolate (or coconut or more nuts)
How to make:
1. Preheat oven to 175 degrees Celsius. Line a 9 x 4 loaf pan with baking paper.
2. Pull out a big mixing bowl and mash bananas with coconut oil and vanilla.
3. Next add in gluten free flour, baking powder & rolled oats. Mix until combined well.
4. Stir through slivered almonds (we like these because they're not too chunky) and your chocolate. Mix well and pour into lined baking dish.
5. Decorate with extra slivered almonds.
6. Bake for 30-40 minutes until golden brown.
7. Let cool & enjoy!
If you make these, be sure to take a photo and tag us @healthfoodproject, #hfp or #healthfoodproject!
We love seeing your kitchen creations.