Pastel Nicecream Smoothie Bowl
The sun is out in Melbourne today, which means that smoothie bowls are back on the menu (woohoo!). This morning we filled our bowls with brain food to fuel up for the busy week ahead. 50% beetroot pink, 50% butterfly pea blue, 100% antioxidant rich. Okay, okay, we'll explain exactly why we love these powders.
Beetroot powder is rich in antioxidants, high in dietary fibre, and also contain calcium, iron, potassium, folate and manganese. Plus, they turn everything pink! Butterfly pea powder is also anti oxidant rich, it contains anti aging properties, anti-inflammatory properties and promotoes healthy hair, skin and nails. We added walnuts, cacao nibs and blueberries for an extra antioxidant hit.
To make this smoothie bowl we used:
- Frozen banana x 2
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1 scoop BSC Vegan Protein powder in Vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon butterfly pea powder
- 1/2 teaspoon beetroot powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (or to taste)
- 1/4 cup blueberries
- Crushed walnuts and almonds
- Cacao nibs
1. Simply blend your frozen bananas with protein powder, almond milk and cinnamon, adjust to taste. You can add additional flavourings, but we love cinnamon and vanilla.
2. Next scoop out 1/2 of the nicecream into a bowl and add the beetroot powder to the 1/2 remaining in blender. Blend until nice and pastel pink. Repeat steps with butterfly pea powder.
3. Spoon smoothie into bowl and get creative and decorate - our favourite part!