Looking for a chocolate mousse recipe? Yeeeh you are! Well lucky for you, you clicked the right link. Coming your way is a vegan, refined sugar free, gluten free, deliciously easy chocolate mousse!
Delicious + easy are two words that are so good together. That's why we've whipped this recipe up for you!
You can trick people into thinking you slaved away in the kitchen, by decorating this mousse like we have - with flowers, coconut, dark chocolate and berries!
Prepare your ingredients. You will need:
- 1 large (ripe!) avocado
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup almond milk*
- 1/4 cup 85-90% dark chocolate
- 2 teaspoon rice malt syrup
- 1 teaspoon natural vanilla extract
+ a blender and your toppings!
- Pop the avo into a blender and purée until smooth.
- While the blender is going, add in your cocoa powder and milk and blend until combined.
- Melt dark chocolate in a small bowl, and when melted, mix the rice malt syrup into the melted chocolate. The chocolate will thicken slightly, but by mixing in rice malt, it will prevent the chocolate from solidifying when you add it to the avocado mix!
- Slowly add your rice malt syrup and chocolate blend into the avocado mix.
- Stir in the vanilla, and any extra ingredients (sliced almonds add a lovely crunch) and mix well. We like it plain with extras as toppings - the more chocolate mousse per spoon, the better!
- Transfer the mousse to individual bowls or ramekins and store in the fridge until ready to eat. Best served nice and chilled.
*Coconut milk is a delicious alternative, if your stomach can handle it.