Lemon Ginger Nourish Bowl
Today we're sharing a super colourfull recipe that we have been making quite frequently lately. Left over roast veggies? Make a nourish bowl! Left over quinoa? Make a nourish bowl! Time to go grocery shopping? Add the fridge remains into a bowl and call it a nourish bowl!
Every nourish bowl needs an avo of some sort, which we added as is, so you can scoop away to your hearts content! Obviously, you can mix and match vegetables with whatever you have in the fridge and sub in quinoa or even rice for the noodles! Lets get.. Arranging!
Time: 10 mins plus roasting time
- 1 cucumber
- 1 carrot
- 1 cup red cabbage, shredded
- 2 cups mixed lettuce
- ½ pumpkin, cubed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- ½ teaspoon paprika powder
- ¼ cup walnuts
- 1/3 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 avocado
- Pomegranate seeds (optional)
- Fresh coriander
- DIY flax crackers (recipe coming soon!)
- 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons Niulife Cocominos
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- Preheat an oven to 180°C. Wash pumpkin and cut into medium sized cubes. Place pumpkin into a bowl with olive oil, paprika, salt and pepper. Mix to coat and then empty onto baking tray. Bake for 30 - 40 mins until pumpkin is tender.
- Bring a large pot of water to boil. Once the water is boiling, add the rice noodles and turn off the heat, so they are just sitting in the pan, not boiling. Close and let sit for 15 minutes.
- Drain well and rinse under cold water.
- Meanwhile prepare your vegetables. Slice the cucumber and salad ingredients thinly and pop to the side.
- Dress salad in the dressing just prior to serving.
- When you’re ready to serve, divide the rice noodles and add into the bowls, add in the pumpkin, top with sesame seeds, dressed salad, and avocado. Arrange cucumber slices and the flax crackers along the edge of the bowl. Add a generous sprinkle of nigella seeds to the noodles.
- Finish with a sprinkle of walnuts, sunflower seeds, the sprig of coriander and top with optional pomegranate seeds.
- Top with extra dressing if desired and serve immediately.