Roasted Spiced Cauliflower & Pine Nut Salad
Salads aren't just for Summer, you can pack them full of warmth and roasted veggies and enjoy them throughout the cooler months. This roasted cauliflower salad is great as a meal, or as a side dish. This recipe is full of flavour, isn’t spicy at all, but so full of spice! It should definitely be doubled, leftovers for lunch are a must - this cauliflower is even better the following day!
Yield: serves 6
Time: 45 mins
- 1.5 tablespoons dried oregano
- 1.5 tablespoons sumac, ground
- 2 tablespoons thyme leaves
- ¼ cup sesame seeds – toasted
- ¼ cup EVOO
- 1 cauliflower head
- 1 cup parsley
- 1 cup mint leaves
- ¼ cup pine nuts
- 2 and ½ pomegranate
- 1/3 cup large golden raisins
- 1 clove of garlic
- Juice of 1 lemon
- ¼ cup coconut yoghurt
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- Salt + pepper
- Preheat oven to 170 d C. Cut cauliflower into small florets, and mix with oil, oregano, sumac, thyme and sesame in a bowl.
- Line tray with baking paper and place coated cauliflower onto tray and pop into the oven.
- Roast shaking tray to re-coat. When the cauliflower is nice and soft and slightly charred, remove from oven - approximately 30 minutes.
- Mix the tahini, garlic, lemon, yoghurt, salt and pepper in a bowl until combined. Add a touch of water to make this a little more runny.
- Combine the roast cauliflower with half the parsley and mint, along with 1/2 of the dressing and mix well to coat and combine. Season with salt if needed and then add the pine nuts, seeds of half a pomegranate, and raisins. Mix well.
- Cut the remaining pomegranate into small portions/chunks.
- Serve equal portions of the cauliflower, topped with extra dressing and then add the remaining herbs, extra toasted pine nuts and fresh pomegranate chunks.