Roast Capsicum Dip
More on the snack front. Savoury snacks.. Yum! We have whipped up an epic snack plate and you should definitely give these dips a try! First of all we're going to be mixing together a spicy roast capsicum dip thats a little bit sweet, a little bit spicy, but can be whipped up in no time at all.
This version contains nuts but you can swap this up and use cream cheese as a filler if there is a nut allergy.
Yield: Serves 8 to 10
Time: 10 minutes + cooking time
- 4 red capsicums
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- EVOO - Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 small chilies
- Salt + pepper to taste
- 1 cup cashew nuts
- ½ cup walnuts
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brown or coconut sugar (optional but adds sweetness to the onion)
- Preheat oven to 170 d C.
- Start by popping the capsicums into roasting tray and putting them into a hot oven to soften.
- Meanwhile, thinly slice onion and smash garlic.
- Fry off onion until soft in hot olive oil over medium heat – 5 to 8 minutes. Add garlic and cook for a further 1 minutes.
- Thinly slice chilli and add this plus balsamic vinegar and brown sugar to the pan.
- Cook for 2 minutes until soft.
- When the capsicum is soft and nicely roasted, pull out of the oven and peel capsicum skin off to remove completely.
- Add the capsicum, onion mixture, and nuts into food processor.
- Blitz until combined and season to taste.