Good For You Cookie Dough Balls
These delicious Cookie Dough Balls are one of our favourite snacks!
Made with almond meal, coconut oil and vanilla, the texture is exactly like cookie dough, but these babies are so good for you!
Oh and as a bonus, the literally take 0 effort to whip up!
This image is what you're making today! Decorative cacao and mixing spoon optional. Marble background, essential, obviously.
VEGAN | GLUTEN FREE | LOW FODMAP
To make these, you will need:
- 1 + 1/2 cups almond meal
- 1/2 cups chocolate chips / cacao nibs (let’s be real, we never measure)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil (melted)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons peanut or almond butter
- 1 tablespoon rice malt syrup
- A dash vanilla
- 1 tablespoon almond milk / milk of choice
- 1/4 cup chopped almonds
- Pinch of salt
What to do:
The beauty of this recipe is its simplicity!
All you have to do is place everything (except the chocolate chips & salt) into a big mixing bowl and mix until combined.
- We mixed the wet ingredients first, and then added the almond meal & chopped nuts. Mix until the ingredients come together and lastly add in your chocolate chips or cacao nibs.
- Line a freezer friendly tray with baking paper and roll balls using your hands.
- Let cool in freezer for 30 minutes to an hour.
- Coat with chocolate if you like and sprinkle of sea salt. Not necessary but definitely makes them a bit more special. These would totally work with some vanilla protein powder, other nuts or even dried fruit! Yum!
If you make these, be sure to take a photo and tag us @healthfoodproject, #hfp or #hfpmixes!
We love seeing your kitchen creations.