Choc Tahini Caramel Slice
The chocolate tahini flavour combo just can't be beat. The result of the 2 ingredients really IS the most delicious thing we've tried in a while. This recipe is such a good little slice to whip up and have on hand because it is jam packed full of real whole food ingredients, and it is also gluten free. Bonus! The base is made with almond meal, but if you're nut free, you can sub in oat flour, yup we've tried it and it works! Let's get baking.
For the base:
- 1 cup almond meal
- 3/4 cup desiccated coconut
- 10 pitted dates
- 2 teaspoons rice malt syrup
For the choc caramel:
- 3/4 cup Mayver’s black tahini
- 3/4 cup rice malt syrup
- A pinch of salt
- A handful of pitted dates
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/3 cup cacao powder
For the topping
- ¼ cup coconut oil (melted)
- ¼ cup rice malt syrup
- ¼ cup raw cacao powder
- Line a loaf tin with baking paper and pop to the side.
- Add the almond meal, coconut and dates into a food processor or blender and blitz until ingredients are crumbly and just coming together.
- Pour into a small bowl and mix through the vanilla and rice malt until the crumble mix is sticking together.
- Press this mixture into your tin and then pop into the freezer.
- For the caramel centre, add the black tahini, rice malt, melted coconut oil, dates and salt into a blender. Blend on high until smooth and creamy.
- Next, blend through the cacao powder until no lumps remain.
- Pour this over the base and return to the freezer until set.
- Once set, mix together the coconut oil, cacao and rice malt OR melt your favourite dark chocolate and pour over the set choc caramel.
- Pop back into the freezer to set.