4 Ingredient Salted Caramel Cups
Does anyone remember those caramel Rolo chocolates that came in a tube and were filled with chewy goodness? Are they still around? Either way, these babies remind us of them. These salted caramel cups are full of smooth caramel and coated in chocolate! Except these are probably a tad healthier, and only contain 4 ingredients.. It's official, these easy caramel cups are our new favourite dessert!
For the caramel:
- 1 cup pitted dates
- 1/2 cup full fat coconut milk
- Pinch of salt (optional but makes it so much better!)
- Combine all the ingredients in a high speed blender. We blended dates first and slowly added the coconut milk, and finished with the salt.
- Blend on high until very smooth and creamy. You can adjust the consistency by adding more coconut milk if your caramel is too thick.
- Keep the extra in an air-tight container in the fridge!
For the chocolate:
- 1/3 cup Niulife coconut oil, melted
- 1/3 cup cacao powder
- Sweetener - optional***
- To make the chocolate, melt the coconut oil in saucepan on low heat.
- Once melted, remove from heat and add the cacao powder.
- Whisk until combined and nice and smooth.
- Pour the chocolate into your moulds or mini cupcake liners until 1/2 full, add a spoonful of caramel and using a spoon, push into the chocolate and smooth the top of the caramel until covered. repeat Until all chocolate has been used.
- Pop into the freezer and let it set completely, approximately 3-4 hours.
- Once frozen, remove and enjoy!
*** We didn't use sweetener in our chocolate as the date caramel is pretty sweet! However, you man add 1 tablespoon rice malt syrup or stevia if you prefer your chocolate sweetened.