No Bake Choc Banana Slice
Super quick & easy recipe for a no bake slice.. This piece of heaven was dreamt up after needing to get rid of a bit too much frozen banana in our smoothie base.. And uh, let's just say that we'll be making extra smoothies more often if this is the result!
You will need:
- 1 large banana, frozen
- 1/3 cup + 2 tablespoons Mayver's smooth peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons roughly chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup berries
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- 2 tablespoons rice malt syrup
How to make me:
- Line a small loaf tin with baking paper. Pop to the side.
- Blend the frozen banana with the peanut butter until smooth and creamy, pour into lined tin and put this into the freezer to set. You can also use fresh banana, but the setting time would be a fair bit longer.
- Next, mix together 1/4 cup peanut butter with 1 tablespoon rice malt syrup, pop to the side and melt the coconut oil in a heavy pan over low heat.
- Once the coconut oil has melted, mix in the cacao powder and 1 tablespoon rice malt syrup until smooth and glossy.
- Smooth 1/2 of the peanut butter mix over the banana mixture. Top with raspberries and walnuts. Pour 1/2 the chocolate on top.
- Put your cake into the freezer and once the chocolate is firm, repeat the peanut butter and chocolate steps (minus the walnuts + berries)
- You can decorate your slice if you like, however, we kept ours plain!
- Freeze until firm + enjoy!