Salted Caramel Cups
The gooey salted caramel filling in these little cups is so good! Especially when they've been left out of the freezer for a while (keep them stored in the freezer for up to 4 weeks). The base keeps its shape and the chocolate top seals in the filing perfectly, so as soon as you bite into the cup, you're met with an epic explosion of delicious salted peanut butter and jam. Yum!
- 3/4 cup macadamia nuts
- 1/3 cup rolled oats
- 8 pitted dates (or 4 large)
- 1/3 cup desiccated coconut
- To make the base, place the macadamia nuts and oats into a blender and process until finely crumbed.
- Add the dates and blend again until a dough like consistency is formed. Once the mix us starting to stick together, add in the coconut and blitz momentarily.
- Transfer into a mixing bowl and scoop out spoonfuls into the base and sides of 12 large silicone cupcake moulds.
- Pop into the freezer to set.
- 3/4 cup Mayver's smooth peanut butter
- 1/3 cup rice malt syrup
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- Pinch of salt
- Berry jam, recipe found here
- To make the filing, combine all of the ingredients (except the jam) in a blender until smooth and creamy.
- When this is nice and blended, spoon a tablespoon or 2 full onto the base you previously made of each mould. We filled 1/2 with jam as well, PB & Jam is an epic combo!
- Pop back into the freezer to set.
- 50 grams melted coconut oil
- 50 grams super dark chocolate
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- To make the topping, melt the coconut oil and 85% + dark chocolate until smooth.
- Mix through the cacao powder and maple syrup.
- Pour this mix onto the peanut butter layer and return to freezer for an hour to set.
- To serve, remove the cups from their moulds and top with dusted cacao powder.
We made 1/2 with the addition of jam and 1/2 with just the salted caramel peanut butter filling. Yum!