Cinnamon Spiced Hot Cross Bliss Balls
A no bake hot cross bun recipe to get you to Easter.. Or to impress your Easter lunch guests! These bliss balls are easy to whip up in the food processor or blender and once rolled, can be stored in the fridge for up to 4 weeks.. Early dessert prep? Totally our style!
Yield: makes 12 medium sized balls (15 if smaller)
Time: 15 minutes plus extra for icing
To make these bliss balls, you will need:
- 3/4 cup almond meal
- 3/4 cup oat flour
- 1/3 cup desiccated coconut
- 10 dates
- 2 tablespoon almond butter (or any nut butter)
- 1/4 cup rice malt syrup
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- A pinch of all spice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
To make the hot cross bun coconut crosses you will need equal amounts of
- 1/4 cup coconut butter
- 1 tablespoon rice malt syrup
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- Pop the oats into the blender and blend until you have oat flour, next add the almond meal, coconut, dates and spices and blend until combined.
- Once well combined, empty into a bowl and mix in the almond butter, vanilla and rice malt syrup. Use your hands to roll mix into balls and pop onto your lined tray to chill in the fridge or freezer while you prep the mixture for the crosses.
- Add the coconut butter, and coconut oil into a blender and blitz until smooth. Once smooth, mix in the rice malt and pop into the fridge for 2-3 minutes.
- Add into a piping bag and arrange bliss balls in lines of 4.
- Pipe lines both diagonally and horizintally across the middle of the balls.
- Allow to set in the fridge for 5 - 10 minutes.
- Eat. Enjoy.