Easy Peanut Butter Fudge Bites
Another easy Monday wonder to snack on! We like preparing a tray of fudge and storing the slices in the freezer for those snacking sweet tooth emergencies. The nuts provide fibre, the sweetener is low GI and contains trace minerals and the coconut oil adds a dose of healthy fats. It should be noted that this snack is more of a treat rather than something we'd reach for every day, and it does contain sugar. That said, once piece is enough to tide over any sweet cravings!
Yield: 16-20 depending on size
Time: 10 minutes + freezing and coating
- 3/4 cup coconut flour
- 2 cups Mayver's Smooth Peanut Butter
- 1/2 cup rice malt syrup or maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips (85% and above) + extra for coating (optional)
1. Line a 8x8 dish with baking paper. Add all of the ingredients minus the chocolate chunks into food processor or high-powered blender and blend until you have a dough like consistency / one big dough ball in the food processor. You can also mix them all by hand!
2. If the dough appears to have too much liquid or is too runny, add some more coconut flour. If your mix is too dry, add more coconut oil.
3. Once you're happy with the way its looking, pop into a bowl, mix in the chocolate and then add this to your baking tray and pat down with the back of a spoon. Press in more chocolate chunks.
4. Pop into the freezer for 20 minutes or until firm enough to slice.
5. Slice into equal portions and either enjoy as is or coat with chocolate and a sprinkle of sea salt return to freezer to firm up.
Hello beauties. Our freezer stash is getting good!