Easter Treats: Mayver's PB Cacao Celebration Tart
One of our favourites and one that's packed with chocolatey goodness.. Along with loads of other goodness too! This tart looks impressive, but it really is easy enough to whip up amongst the craziness of Easter. Chocolate, peanut butter and salted caramel come together to make the deliciously creamy filling. Oh and there isn’t even any baking involved! What’s not to love?
Psst. We also whipped up an easy salted peanut butter drizzle that works perfectly with this recipe.
Yield: 10 serves
Time: 45 mins + refrigeration
You will need
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 20 dates, pitted
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 20 dates, pitted
- 3 teaspoons coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons Mayvers smooth peanut butter
- 2 cans full-fat coconut milk, refrigerated overnight (important)
- 3/4 cup Mayvers peanut + cacao peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch sea salt
1. Line a tart tin with baking paper.
2. Add the crust ingredients into a food processor or high powered blender and process until smooth and sticking together.
3. Roll out until flat and the right shape to line your tart tin.
4. Press this into your lined tin and pop into the freezer to set.
5. Add the caramel ingredients into your food processor and process until silky smooth. You'll know when this is ready by checking the dates - there should be no visible dates in the mix, blend the absolute life out of them, it'll taste better this way!
6. Once done, spread evenly onto crust and pop back into the freezer.
7. Carefully open the chilled coconut milk and scoop out the coconut cream.
8. Add this to your food processor or blender with the rest of the filling ingredients, and blend until well combined.
9. Spread on top of the previous layer and then pop back into the freezer.
10. Keep this in the freezer overnight and let thaw prior to slicing and serving. You will need to give it 5-10 minutes.
Top your tart with a drizzle of melted dark chocolate if you're feeling fancy. Or even with a peanut butter drizzle*
* Simply melt 1/4 cup coconut oil and add in 2 tablespoons Mayver's smooth peanut butter with 2 tablespoons maple syrup. Mix to combine. Drizzle onto tart and return to freezer to set or use warm when serving. Yum!