Layered Vegan Cheesecake Cups
After using cashew cream in our spiced cookies with delicious results, we decided to experiment further and make some layered cheesecake cups. Our layers definitely aren't perfectly even, but we'll just call them "rustic". This recipe requires chilling in the freezer, so make sure to make in advance!
Lets get un-baking.
You will need..
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 10 dates (pitted)
- 1/4 cup desiccated coconut
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked for 30 minutes
- 1/4 cup coconut cream (don't use lite!)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup rice malt or maple syrup
- Butterfly pea powder (blue layer)
- Beetroot powder (pink layer)
- Cinnamon, nutmeg and vanilla to taste
- To make the cheesecake bases, blend the dates, vanilla, salt and coconut in a food processor until smooth. Next, add in the almonds and walnuts and pulse on high until the nuts are chopped and the mixture is combined. Press your base mixture into your mini cups (or in a single layer in a small cake tin) and pop into the fridge to chill.
- Next, place the soaked cashews, coconut cream, lemon juice, rice malt syrup and spices into the blender. Blend. blend, blend until creamy and smooth. Add the coconut oil while blending and mix until combined. This will add a smoothness to the mix.
- Pour this mixture into 3 bowls. Add the a pinch of butterfly pea powder into one bowl, a pinch of beetroot into the second and a combination of the 2 into a third bowl (to make the purple) and mix through until desired colour is achieved.
- Pour mixture over the bases, in layers. You can add a layer chill, and add the next layer, but we were impatient and added all 3 at once. This will work as the cheesecake mix isn't too runny! Set in the freezer until firm. We topped ours with chopped almonds, strawberries and a drizzle of chocolate!