Choc Banana Protein Cups
Banana, walnuts, chocolate.. Is there a more perfect combination? Well, there might be BUT you have to admit, the banana and chocolate never gets old. Doesn't it remind you of a banana split, or a banana sundae? No? Well if you're still not convinced, you definitely will be after trying these morsels of goodness.
You will need:
- 2 frozen bananas
- 1 scoop of your prefered protein powder (optional - we use BSC naturals organic vegan blend in vanilla)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 - 1/3 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1/2 cup raw cacao butter (if you don't have any, use an additional 1/2 cup coconut oil instead
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, softened.
- 1/3 cup raw cacao powder
- 2 tablespoons rice malt syrup
- 12 mini cupcake liners
For the chocolate cups.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, melt the cacao butter, stirring until smooth. Remove from the heat.
- Blend or mix with the rest of the ingredients until smooth and well combined, set aside.
For the banana filling.
- Blend frozen bananas with cinnamon and protein powder until combined.
- Mix through chopped walnuts.
- Place rubber cupcake liners on a chopping board/something flat and freezer friendly.
- Fill all cups 1/2 way with chocolate and then do the same with banana mix. Top cups with remaining chocolate and pop into freezer to firm (2-3 hours)
We decorated ours with beetroot powder, because why not.