Healthy Peanut Butter & Jelly Slice
Peanut butter, jelly time! Peanut butter, jelly time! A classic combo made healthy!? Yup right up our alley! Lets get un-baking! Vegan, low FODMAP & delicious!
You will need:
- 1 packet of HFP they see me bakin'
- 2 cups frozen berries
- 2 tablespoon chia seeds + water
- 1 cup of your favourite nut butter + 1/4 cup rice malt
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup cacao butter
- 1 cup cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 tablespoons rice malt syrup
- Add the cookie mix into a medium bowl. Prepare as directions at back.
- Press into the base of your pre-prepared pan. Either bake for 10 mins, and let cool OR pop into freezer to set! We love ours both ways. Baked base will result in a firmer crust, raw base will be nice and crumbly when served!
- Pop your berries and chia seeds into a saucepan over low heat with enough water to cover. If your berries are frozen, they will let out a bit of water, so you'll have to cook them down for a bit longer!
- Stir your jam occasionally (ensure you are cooking on LOW heat) Once the chia seeds have absorbed the liquid and mixture has thickened, turn off heat. Pop into a glass bowl and allow to cool.
- Mix together the peanut butter & rice malt and whip out your pre-prepared base, top with your peanut butter mix and then top with jam! Pop back into the freezer to cool.
- Add all of your chocolate ingredients to small saucepan and stir constantly with whisk for 2-3 mins until smooth. Pour over the jam layer and return to freezer until set, usually 1-2 hours is plenty!