Vegan Salted Caramel Slice
Are you after a sweet treat to impress your family and friends? Look no further, this caramel slice is sure to blow some serious socks off!
This slice is low FODMAP and doesn't contain any dates. It is also gluten free and also refined sugar free! So are you ready to get un-baking!?
PREP. 35 minutes
COOK. 10 minutes
SERVES: makes 1 8x8 pan
Lets get started. You will need:
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- 3 tablespoons rice malt
- 5 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/2 cup nut butter
- 1/2 cup rice malt syrup
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup cacao butter
- 1 cup cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 tablespoons rice malt syrup
- Sea salt
1. Pre heat your oven to 150 degrees, completely line an oven friendly 8x8 pan with baking paper
2. Add all of the base ingredients to a medium bowl. Mix together until almost sticking together.
3. Press into the base of your pre-prepared pan. Bake for 10 mins, and let cool.
4. Add the caramel ingredients to a saucepan over medium heat, stir with a whisk for 3 to 5 minutes. Cool slightly and pour over base. Set in freezer for 15 – 20 mins.
5. Add all chocolate ingredients to small saucepan and stir constantly with whisk for 2-3 mins until smooth. Pour over the caramel layer and return to freezer until set, usually 30 minutes is plenty! After your slice has been in the freezer for about 3- 4, remove, sprinkle over sea salt flakes, and return to freezer to set.
Ps. Make sure you let this slice set! Attempt one didn't turn out as well as we'd hoped because we couldn't wait!