Vegan Bounty Bars / Bites
We are 100% certain everyone remembers the good old bounty bar. This version is a little more rustic and just a touch healthier than the original. It is also vegan, gluten free, dairy free and is made of ingredients that we can all pronounce and identify. The best way to indulge!
You can whip these babies up pretty quickly if you are near a high speed blender or food processor and have a bunch of coconut on hand!
You will need
- 2 cups desiccated coconut + 1/2 cup coconut butter
- 1/3 cup almond meal
- 1/4 cup coconut oil (melted)
- 1/4 cup rice malt syrup
- Vanilla to taste
- A batch of this chocolate to coat
How to make:
- Line a freezer proof dish with baking paper.
- In a large bowl combine the desiccated coconut, almond meal, rice malt syrup, coconut oil, coconut butter and vanilla.
- Mix well until the mix is nice and sticky. If your bounty mix is a bit too dry, add a dash more coconut oil.
- Once the mix has come together, press into your lined tray.
- Pop into the freezer for at least 2-3 hours.
- Remove from freezer, slice into bars and pop onto a tray. If the bars aren't slicing, you may need to heat up a knife, or alternately, let them sit on the counter.
- Prepare your chocolate recipe and once ready, using a fork, coat each bar with a nice layer of chocolate. The chocolate will harden almost immediately. Repeat until done.
- Alternately you can roll this mix into balls and coat each ball! This process may be a tad easier.